Welcome to Boston and New England!
A Guide for international students living abroad
Studying in another country is an exciting and challenging journey. While trying to make academic progress, students can also take advantage of the experience of living in another city, visiting new places, getting to know new cultures and customs, as well as trying different foods.
We believe that information is key to make this transition smoother, that is why we have prepared a complete guide for you to get the most out of your time living in the city of Boston or in the beautiful region of New England!
In this guide you will find:
- Information on practical matters such as opening a bank account, getting a Mass ID, Driver’s license, social security number, health insurance for international students and much more
- An introduction to New England and the history of Massachusetts
- A guide on getting around the city by subway, bus, or car
- A list of must-go places to visit in Boston
- A collection of tips on what to do in each one of the four seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall
- Restaurant tips and an overview of the traditional New Englander Cuisine
Approach put this together to help you being successful at our school and in Boston! We hope you will enjoy everything this place has to offer and that you fall in love with it just like we have.