Changing your Status
If you initially came to the U.S. for a different purpose but now aim to pursue education, we can assist you in changing your visa status to F-1 student status. This will enable you to work towards your academic and career aspirations.
- Document Checklist:
- Copy of your passport and dependents' passports
- Copy of your visa and dependents' visas
- Copy of your I-94 and dependents' I-94s
- DS-2019 for J1 status only (all forms if more than one)
- Last 3 months of bank statements
- For each quarter of attendance, you must show $4500 for your expenses plus $1500 per dependent
- Sponsor letter (if applicable)
- If your sponsor is in the United States, it is recommended to submit Form I-134 filled out by your sponsor.
- Marriage certificate and children’s birth certificates (if applicable)
- Letters/receipts received from USCIS (if applicable)
- Letter to immigration explaining the reason for Change of Status (COS)
To obtain more information about applying as a Change of Status (COS) student and the necessary documentation, please view the video below or email our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying From Abroad
For international students applying from outside the U.S. We are committed to providing comprehensive assistance throughout your academic journey and immigration procedures.
Transferring to Approach
For international students studying at another U.S institution and are considering transferring to Approach.
If you have lost your student status and are pursuing reinstatement, our committed Designated School Officials (DSOs) will guide and support you throughout the process